Here at music.co.uk we promised you a celebration of the 80’s in association with the 80’s Rewind Festival, and we’re not going to disappoint. Lauren has been in contact with David Heartfield, one of the people that behind 80’s Rewind. Read on to hear what he had to say about the festival and his own experience in organising music events.
1. In a nutshell, how would you describe event management, is there any aspect of the job you particularly enjoy?
“It’s mostly common sense and a good dollop of experience. The fun part is the creative side, putting together new concepts that you hope the public will enjoy.”
2. Do you have backgrounds in events/music industry? What sort of projects have you worked on in the past?
“I spent over 20 years producing and promoting open air shows in the UK; ranging from millennium eve at Greenwich, to The Last Night of Wembley Stadium, along with the countless open air stately home concerts.”
3. Why did you decide to run an 80’s festival? How was it coming up with a concept for the event?!
“We have done a number of 80s retro shows over the last couple of years, all of which attracted a 10,000 capacity sell out crowd, so this year we have decided to expand the concept into a full weekend camping festival.”
4. Do you think more festivals should be family friendly? Is it hard to get the balance between that and the ‘rave/party’ element?
“I think each festival signs its own style and atmosphere.”
5. Who are you most looking forward to seeing @ 80’s Rewind?
“The barman at the backstage bar at the end of the weekend!”
6. What do the 80’s mean to you?
“My lost youth.”
7. What do you hope the festival will be known for in the future? Do you hope it will continue in years to come?
“Hopefully the festival will be known for a sense of “fun” in a beautiful riverside setting.”
8. Just for fun, if you could choose your ultimate festival attraction/facility (that you don’t already have at the event) what would it be?
“My ultimate festival attraction would be guaranteed sunshine all weekend.”
Whatever the weather, 80’s Rewind is sure to be a great event, but don’t just take our word for it, visit www.rewindfestival.com to find out what all the fuss is about! But don’t forget to come back to music.co.uk soon, because we’ll also be featuring interviews with some of the stars of the festival. Who will we be talking to? Well that’s a secret for now, so you’ll just have to come back and find out!